The Terrace Hotels Co., Ltd. gives due consideration to the value of the personal information we obtain in the course of conducting our business. Our policy governing the collection, use, and management of data defined as personal information by Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information is set out below.
Basic Policy for Data Privacy and Protection
(1) Compliance with laws and regulations
With regard to our handling of personal information, in particular that of our customers, we comply with the provisions of Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information, related guidelines, and our own company rules and regulations. We require all individuals in our employ to familiarize themselves with these provisions and to understand fully their legal obligation to uphold them.
(2) Collection and use of personal information
We may request that you provide your personal information in order to receive our services. As a matter of principle we ask for your consent in providing this data. Upon receipt of the data, we make clear either by direct notification or prior publication the purpose for which it will be used and we handle it in accordance with the stated purpose for which it was collected.
(3) Appropriate security measures for the management of personal information
We have established internal rules and regulations to prevent the leaking, loss, or falsification of the personal information we handle, and we take the necessary appropriate measures to ensure proper management of its security.
(4) Office in charge of inquiries and data privacy
Our designated office in charge of data privacy will respond in good faith and with due diligence to a request made by you for the disclosure, rectification, deletion or cessation of use of your personal information held by us.
- (1) Compliance with laws and regulations
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
In order to fulfill your reservation or other requests related to accommodation, dining, weddings or banquets, we may collect the following personal information:
(1) Information received from you with your consent
Full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport number, credit card number, facility usage status and special requests
(2) Information recorded by individuals in our employ
Personal data that we record at your instruction, information that has come to our knowledge during your previous visits, and information provided by a third-party business partner handling your reservation (such as booking details or your membership point usage status, for example).
- (1) Information received from you with your consent
Purpose of Use
When you place reservations for, or otherwise request our services related to, accommodation, dining, weddings or banquets, we use the personal information you voluntarily provide us in the following ways:
- (1) To fulfill our provision of services and products to you
- (2) To confirm, in our communications with you, the details of reservations you have placed for accommodation and dining, or requests you have made related to weddings, banquets or various other of our services
- (3) In our notifications to you regarding product shipment, payment and accounts settlement and other transactions
- (4) To provide commercial information, such as advertisements, seasonal promotions, contests and surveys, from us or from our third-party business partners
- (5) To ascertain the status of how our and our business partners’ facilities, products and services are being used; for quality improvement; and in the course of new development related to them
- (6) To ascertain the usage status of our website, our services and products; to improve the quality of same; and in the course of new development
- (7) To perform other operations incidental or related to the above stated purposes of use
- (8) To fulfill our legal duty and in response to notifications or guidance received from relevant administrative authorities
Collection of Personal Information
To satisfy the purposes of use stated in Article 3, we may collect your personal information in any of the following ways:
(1) Information offered directly by you
This may be obtained verbally; through your interaction with websites we operate (via reservation requests, your application to the My Terrace loyalty program, inquiry forms or accommodation surveys and the like); or in written form (via guest cards, surveys conducted at fairs and other promotional events, postal correspondence by letter or postcard, campaign applications and other such forms)
(2) Information offered by someone entrusted by you to act on your behalf
People entrusted by you to provide your personal information to us may include representatives in charge of a group reservation in which you participate, other parties charged with handling reservation arrangements, your credit card company, and bridal and banquet organizers who engage our services for invitation mailings or other announcements.
- (1) Information offered directly by you
Collection of Anonymous Information
In order to improve our services, we may collect anonymous information that does not personally identify you when you visit our websites. We may track the pages you visit to gain some general knowledge about customer preferences and trends. This information is used and analyzed in the form of aggregated statistics and is not compiled in a way that allows you or any individual to be personally identified.
Disclosure and Provision to Third Parties
We will never disclose or provide your personal information to a third party unless one of the following conditions applies:
- (1) We have your consent.
- (2) The information is compiled into statistical data regarding our services and is disclosed or provided in a way that does not enable personal identification.
- (3) The information is disclosed and provided in accordance with the law and related guidelines.
On occasion we may share your personal information with our third-party partners as outlined below, in order to improve our customer services and to facilitate the smooth operation of our business.
(1) Types of personal information that may be shared:
As stated above in Article 2, “The Types of Personal Information We Collect”
(2) Scope of joint use
• The Terrace Hotels Co., Ltd. / Kokuwa Distribution Service Company
Kokuba Bldg. 3F, 3-21-1 Kumoji, Naha, Okinawa 900-8504, Japan TEL. +81 (0)98-860-2722
• Moon Hotels & Resorts Co., Ltd.
1203 Maeganeku, Onnason, Kunigami-gun, Okinawa 904-0414, Japan TEL. +81 (0)98-965-1020
• Brain Okinawa Inc.
Kokuba Bldg. 4F, 3-21-1 Kumoji, Naha, Okinawa 900-0015, Japan TEL. +81 (0)98-862-6269
• Pinnacle Co., Ltd.
107 Nakadomari, Onnason, Kunigami-gun, Okinawa 904-0415, Japan TEL. +81 (0)98-894-5451
• Okinawa Building Maintenance Corporation (Headquarters)
Akebono 2-8-18, Naha, Okinawa, 900-0002, Japan TEL. +81 (0)98-862-2551
• Okinawa Business Service Inc.
Kokuba Bldg. 2F, 3-21-1 Kumoji, Naha, Okinawa 900-0015, Japan TEL. +81 (0)98-868-9088
• Rins Inc.
801 Court Village Kuniyoshi, 3-1-7 Tsubogawa, Naha, Okinawa 900-0025, Japan TEL. +81 (0)98-834-9770
• Tap Co., Ltd.
Manulife Place Toyocho 1F, 2-2-4 Toyo, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0016, Japan TEL. +81 (0)3-5683-5314
• Festina Co., Ltd.
The Naha Terrace 3F, 2-14-1 Omoromachi, Naha, Okinawa 900-0006, Japan TEL. +81 (0)98-866-1637
• Thalgo Japon Co., Ltd.
Nosai Kaikan 1F, 19 Ichibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0082, Japan TEL. +81 (0)3-3511-4644
• Bankoku Shinryokan(Designated Administrator)
1792 Kise, Nago, Okinawa 905-0026, Japan TEL. +81 (0)98-053-3155
- • The Terrace Hotels Co., Ltd. / Kokuwa Distribution Service Company
(3) Purpose of joint use:
As stated above in Article 3, “Purpose of Use”
(4) Administrator responsible for supervision of joint use:
Yukinobu Kokuba, President and CEO
The Terrace Hotels Co., Ltd.
1808 Kise, Nago, Okinawa, Japan
- (1) Types of personal information that may be shared:
How We Manage the Security of Your Personal Information
We implement appropriate security measures in our management of your personal information, and guard against its unauthorized external access, loss, destruction, and/or falsification with reasonably appropriate levels of safety measures in place to ensure its protection. We endeavor to maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of the personal information in our possession within the scope of necessity depending on the respective purposes of use stated above. In addition, we limit the number of individuals who have access to, or handle, this information, and supervise those individuals accordingly.
The retention period of personal information will be determined separately according to the purpose of use, and the information will be disposed of in an appropriate manner after such period has elapsed.
How We Handle the Personal Information Entered on Our Websites
We have the following security measures in place to protect the personal information collected on our websites:
- (1) Data management and operational protocols, as well as system and technical safety measures, to prevent unauthorized external access to personal information as well as the loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of such data
- (2) An SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate for the encrypted transmission and reception of personal information over the Internet. This communications protocol provides an extra layer of security between your browser and our websites.
Purpose of using cookies on our websites:
- • To enable our provision of customized services that rely on the use of stored registration data
- • To manage, temporarily, the information you have entered
- • To enable our use of the Google Analytics service provided by Google LLC
(2) Use of Google Analytics
- (1) Cookies
Disclosure, Rectification, Deletion, Addition, Suspension of Use and Erasure
Requests we receive for a) the disclosure of personal information retained in our records, b) its rectification, deletion or addition, or c) its suspension of use or erasure, will be handled in due course and in a reasonable manner by prescribed methods as follows, upon our confirmation of the identity of the person issuing the request.
However, should the request pose any risk of harm to the life, health, or assets of the individual in question or to a third party, or if significant hindrance to our business operations may result, or if a response were to result in violation of laws and ordinances, we may decline the request in whole or in part.
- (1) Disclosure: We will investigate the details of the request and respond accordingly.
- (2) Rectification, deletion or addition: We will investigate the details of the request and amend the record as necessary.
- (3) Suspension of use or erasure: We will investigate the details of the request and comply accordingly. However, please consider before placing a request that suspension of use or erasure of the data may prevent us from providing services to you, or a level of service, that you would otherwise expect.
Placing a Request for Disclosure of, or Changes to, Retained Personal Data
Kindly direct any inquiries about the disclosure, rectification, or suspension of use of your personal information to the following office:
Personal Information Inquiry Desk
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (JST) weekdays only, except public holidays and the year-end and New Year holidays
TEL. +81 (0)98-051-1333
Handling of Complaints
Should you have any concerns or complaints regarding our use of your personal information, please contact the Personal Information Inquiry Desk by phone or email as listed above in Article 12.
Yukinobu Kokuba, President and CEO
The Terrace Hotels Co., Ltd.
1808 Kise, Nago, Okinawa
1st Issue: April 1, 2005
Revised: March 31, 2022
In accordance with the privacy and security law passed by the European Union and known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The Terrace Hotels Co., Ltd. has formulated this policy for the handling and protection of the personal data of our customers who reside in the European Economic Area (EEA). We have established and maintain company-wide internal systems for the protection and appropriate management and use of such personal data.
Controller Contact Information
As a controller of activities that necessitate the processing of personal information, we uphold our responsibility to provide you with information regarding our handling of your personal data and to respond to your questions, comments, and requests.
Address：The Terrace Hotels Co., Ltd. 1808 Kise, Nago, Okinawa, Japan
Filing a Complaint
GDPR provisions and other applicable laws grant you the right to file a complaint with a regional, national or international supervisory body with respect to our processing of your personal data. We ask, however, that before doing so you give us or our representative in the EEA (listed below in Article 13) the opportunity to address your concern first.
Setting your browser to disable cookies may adversely affect your ability to access certain content on our website.
- (1) Your IP address, cookie identifier, browser type, access date and time, location, etc.
- (2) Information required by administrative order, laws, regulations and ordinances
- (1) To ensure both the provision of relevant information on our website and security
- (2) To improve the operation and functionality of our website
- (3) To provide information on our services
- (4) To perform statistical analyses on website management, usage and traffic
Collection of Personal Data
When you place a reservation for a room, restaurant, or event through channels such as our own website, booking applications, or reservation agents, we may obtain your personal data either directly from you or through a third-party agent. The personal data that we collect and retain includes the following:
(1) Basic identifiers
Name, address, gender, date of birth, country/region of residence, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.
(2) Payment details
Credit card number, bank account information, billing address, etc.
(3) Data automatically collected by our website:
IP address, browser type, access date and time, etc.
(4) Service requests
Information that enables our response to your preferences related to guest rooms, leisure activities, and/or special requests
- (5) Information required by administrative order, laws, regulations and ordinances
- (1) Basic identifiers
Purposes of Use
We process personal data only for the following purposes:
- (1) Management of your online room, restaurant, and/or bar reservations
- (2) Operational management related to your room reservation, including provision of food and beverages, and sales of related goods
- (3) Operation of our restaurants and bars, including reservations management, provision of food and beverages, and sales of related goods
- (4) Our response to your inquiries, preferences and requests
- (5) Our performance of obligations and our exercise of rights in accordance with laws and regulations, such as the preparation and storage of guest lists
- (6) Rectification or deletion of information you provided when registering for our services
- (7) Operations incidental and related to each of the above items
Providing and Sharing of Personal Data
In order to fulfill the purposes described above in Article 6 we may need to share your personal data with the following third parties. When this is deemed necessary we will do so in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- • Business partners or subcontractors who provide various services such as lodging, food and beverage, bridal, leisure activities, massage, transportation services, etc.
- • Tenants of our, facilities or of our affiliate companies’, facilities
- • Professional experts such as lawyers, accountants, certified public accountants, etc.
- • Public institutions with authority such as the police, courts, law enforcement agencies, auditing and supervisory bodies, tax authorities, etc.
- • Financial institutions
- • IT service providers and credit card companies
- • Current and prospective directors and employees
- • Travel agencies, tourism vendors, event planning companies, transportation companies, and other business partners
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
The legal bases for our processing of your personal data are as follows:
- (1) When you have consented to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes. The law also affords you the right to withdraw this consent.
- (2) When processing of your data is required in order for us to execute a contract to which you are a party, or for us to implement the necessary steps to meet your request/s prior to the conclusion of a contract between us.
- (3) When processing of your data is required in order for us to comply with our legal obligation as controller.
- (4) When processing of your data is required to protect your own vital interests, or that of other natural persons.
- (5) When processing of your data is required for us to perform tasks carried out in the public interest, or in our exercise of the official authority vested in us as controller.
- (6) When processing of your data is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us as controller, or by our third-party partners, such as direct marketing or the provision of customer services. However, the fundamental rights and freedoms that seek to protect your personal data override these interests, in particular in cases where the personal data in question is that of a child.
Under applicable privacy laws and regulations, including those under GDPR, you have the rights listed below. To assert these rights, you may contact us, or our representative in the EEA, at any time.
(1) The Right to Be Informed (The Right to Give Consent for Data Use)
When obtaining personal data from you, a controller must provide you with certain information about its use at the time of collection.
(2) The Right to Access Your Personal Data
Upon your request, the controller must provide you with a copy of the personal data that is held on record.
(3) The Right to Rectification
You may request the controller to correct inaccurate personal data.
(4) The Right to Erasure (The Right to Be Forgotten)
You have the right in certain cases to have all the data a controller holds on you deleted without delay.
(5) The Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right in certain cases to have the controller restrict its processing or use of your personal information retained in its records.
(6) The Right to Be Informed about Rectification, Erasure, or Restricted Processing of Your Personal Data
The controller shall communicate the rectification or erasure of personal data or any restriction of processing carried out in accordance with the above items (iii) to (v) to each recipient to whom the personal data has been disclosed. The controller shall comply with your request to be informed about those recipients.
(7) The Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in the structured, and commonly used machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit this data to another controller without interference from the initial controller to whom it was provided.
(8) Right to Object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by a controller or its third-party partners for their legitimate interests.
(9) The Right to Reject Automated Processing Including Profiling
You have the right to reject any decisions that are based solely on automated processing, including profiling, and which have legal or otherwise significant material effects on you. Please note that we at The Terrace Hotels Co., Ltd. perform no such automated processing, including profiling, with respect to your personal data.
- (1) The Right to Be Informed (The Right to Give Consent for Data Use)
Security Control Measures
As a controller of personal data, we have ample technical and organizational security measures in place for the protection of the personal data we collect and process. Should you have concerns regarding a particular method of data transfer, for example, we will take adequate alternative measures.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
We may transfer your personal data to Japan. The transfer of personal data to Japan is based on the adequacy decision obtained by Japan from the European Commission for cross-border data transfers. Any transfer of your personal data to third-party countries other than Japan or the EU (excepting those countries and regions for which an adequacy decision has been issued) will be made by entering into contracts with the Standard Contractual Clauses for data protection that are approved by the European Commission.
Retention Period of Personal Data
Personal data is stored for the statutory retention period stipulated for Japan and each EU member state, and is safely and promptly deleted when the legal retention period ends, unless further retention is required by contractual or other binding processual requirements related to its stated purpose.
This contact information is for the sole use of those who reside in the EEA.
Representative ：Ms. Laure de Crépy Email：email@example.com
Social Media Policy
The Social Media Policy of The Terrace Hotels Co., Ltd. applies to all official accounts maintained by us on such platforms as Facebook and Instagram. The matters stipulated in this policy are binding for all users of these accounts and the services that derive from them.
- (1) The official accounts established by our company are for the purpose of disseminating and sharing information about the facilities we operate, and are managed and maintained as a means of enhancing communication with our customers.
- (2) We acknowledge that the information transmitted through our official accounts is public and viewable by unspecified numbers of people, and cannot be retracted once published. Knowing this, we carefully consider the content of our communications before publishing.
- (4) We cannot promise to reply to comments from users but, depending on the content, we may respond when deemed necessary either on our official account page or directly to a user.
Content Transmitted by Us
- (1) The content we post on our social media accounts is that of a general promotional nature concerning our products, services, events and campaigns, and general matters related to sales promotion at local events, etc. Corporate information, such as capital and annual sales and the like, shall be published on the “About Us” page of our main website under “Corporate Overview.”
- (2) The information disseminated on our social media posts does not necessarily represent our official company stance, view or opinion. Posts by those in our employ are made at their discretion and do not necessarily represent an official company view.
Prohibited Content, Whether by Us or Our Users
We prohibit transmission of the following content on our social media accounts and will delete, at our own discretion, any content posted by a user of our accounts that we deem to be in violation of this policy.
- (1) Content that violates the human rights or privacy of users, of those in our employ, or of third parties
- (2) Content that defames or infringes upon the rights and property of our company, of users, or of third parties
- (3) Any content that we deem unsuitable for publication
- (1) We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue our official accounts or change the information we publish on those pages without prior notice.
- (2) Our company shall not, for whatever reason, be liable for damages arising from the use of, or inability to use, our official accounts. Additionally, we shall not be liable for any damages caused by the suspension or discontinuation of our official accounts, or by changes to the information published therein.
The Naha District Court (main office) shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance over any and all disputes arising in relation to the use of our official social media accounts.
In principle we do not respond to inquiries placed through our official social media accounts. Please use this inquiry form should you require a response to some question or concern you may have.