Accommodation Contracts(Scope of Application)
- Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between “This Hotel” and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. And any particulars not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- In the case when the Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- A Guest who intends to make an application for an Accommodation Contract with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
- (1) Name of the Guest (s);
- (2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival;
- (3) Accommodation Charges (based, in principle, on the Basic Accommodation Charges listed in the Attached Table No.1); and
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest requests, during his stay, extension of the accommodation beyond the date in subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
- A Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- When a Contract for Accommodation has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest is requested to pay an accommodation deposit fixed by the Hotel within the limits of Basic Accommodation Charges covering the Guest’s entire period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days) by the date specified by the Hotel.
- The deposit shall be first used for the Total Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6 and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 as applicable, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
- When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the date of payment of the deposit is specified.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract requiring no accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
- In the case when the Hotel has not requested the payment of the deposit as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the date of the payment of the deposit at the time the application for an Accommodation Contract has been accepted, it shall be treated as that the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
- The Hotel shall not accept the conclusion of the Accommodation Contracts in the following cases:
- (1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of the Accommodation Contracts;
- (2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
- (3) When the Hotel recognizes the person trying to stay to be an organized crime syndicate or a member thereof, an affiliated company/organization or a related party thereof, or any other antisocial forces (hereinafter referred to as "Organized Crime Syndicate or Other Antisocial Force");
- (4) When the Hotel recognizes the person trying to stay to be a company or organization whose business activities are controlled by an organized crime syndicate or a member thereof;
- (5) The person trying to stay is a company with an officer who fits the profile of a member of an organized crime syndicate;
- (6) When it is recognized that there is a risk of violating laws and regulations, public order, or good morals and customs regarding the accommodation.
- (7) When the Guest seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- (8) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities, disfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
- (9) When a person requesting accommodations is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests. When it is recognized that a person requesting accommodation may cause trouble to other guests because his/her body or clothes are extremely unclean. (As prescribed by Articles 5 of OKINAWA Prefectural Ordinance for Enforcement of Hotel Business Act.)
- (10) When the person planning to stay is recognized to have potential for engaging in speech or actions which may disturb other guests.
- (11) When the person planning to stay makes unreasonable demands of the Hotel while engaging in violent, physically or verbally threatening behavior toward hotel employees, or if it has been found that the person planning to stay has engaged in such behavior in the past.
- The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (except in the case when the Hotel has requested the payment of the deposit during the specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3 and the Guest has cancelled before the payment ), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed in the Attached Table No.2. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded, the same shall apply only when the Guest is informed by the Hotel of the obligation of the payment of the cancellation charges in case of cancellation by the Guest.
- In the case when the Guest does not appear by 8:00 p.m. of the accommodation date without any advance notice or within 2 hours after the expected time of arrival (that is, if the Hotel is advised of the Guest’s arrival time), the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
- The Hotel shall terminate the Accommodation Contracts if the Guest is found to fall under any of the following:
- (1) An Organized Crime Syndicate or Other Antisocial Force;
- (2) A company or organization whose business activities are controlled by an organized crime syndicate or a member thereof;
- (3) A company with an officer who fits the profile of a member of an organized crime syndicate;
- (4) When it is recognized that there is a risk of violating laws and regulations, public order, or good morals and customs regarding accommodation.
- (5) When the Guest can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- (6) When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to his accommodation;
- (7) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural calamities and/or other causes of force majeure;
- (8) When a person seeking Hotel accommodation is obviously intoxicated and could cause annoyance to other guests or when a person is behaving in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests. (As prescribed by Article 5 of OKINAWA Prefectural Ordinance for Enforcement of Hotel Business Act.)
- (9) When the Guest does not observe prohibited actions such as smoking in bed, mischief to the fire-fighting facilities and other prohibitions of the House Regulations stipulated by the Hotel (restricted to particulars deemed necessary in order to avoid the causing of fires).
- (10) When the hotel guest has engaged in speech or actions which have disturbed other guests.
- (11) When the hotel guest makes unreasonable demands of the Hotel while engaging in violent, physically or verbally threatening behavior toward hotel employees, or if it has been found that the hotel guest has engaged in such behavior in the past.
- In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any of the services in the future during the contractual period which he has not received.
- The Guest shall register the following particulars at the reception of the Hotel on the day of arrival:
- (1) Name, age, sex, address and occupation of the Guest(s);
- (2) For foreigners, nationality, passport number, place of entry, date of entry (by showing and copying your passport) However, this shall not apply if the Guest has a domicile in Japan.
- (3) Date and estimated time of departure; and
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest intends to pay his Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as traveler’s cheques, coupons or credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
- The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. the next morning. However, in the case when the Guest is accommodated continuously, the Guest may occupy it all day long, except for the days of arrival and departure.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Hotel may accommodate the use of guest rooms outside the hours specified in the paragraph thereof. In this case, the Hotel shall charge the additional fee under the House Regulations stipulated by the Hotel.
- The Guest shall observe the House Regulations and other Regulations established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel.
- The business hours of the main facilities of the Hotel are as follows, and those of other facilities shall be notified in detail by brochures as provided, notices displayed in each place, service directories in guest rooms and others.
- (1) Service Hours of Reception, Cashier’s Desk.
- a. Main Entrance 24 hours
- b. Front Desk Service 24 hours
- c. Exchange Service 24 hours
- The business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph are subject to temporary changes due to unavoidable causes of the Hotel. In such a case, the Guest shall be informed by appropriate means.
- The breakdown of the Accommodation Charges, etc. that the Guest shall pay is as listed in the Attached Table No.1.
- Accommodation Charges, etc. as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid in Japanese currency or by any means other than Japanese currency such as traveler’s cheques, coupons or credit cards recognized by the Hotel at the reception at the time of the departure of the Guest or upon request by the Hotel.
- Accommodation Charges shall be paid even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the accommodation facilities provided for the Guest by the Hotel.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for the damage if the Hotel has caused such damage to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply in case when such damage has been due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- The Hotel is covered by hotel general liability insurance as a precaution for unexpected fires, etc.
- The Hotel shall, when unable to provide contracted rooms, arrange accommodation of the same standard elsewhere for the Guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the Guest.
- When arrangement of other accommodation cannot be made notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. However, when the Hotel cannot provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for loss, breakage, or other damage to goods, cash, or valuables deposited by the Guest at the reception or Thalasso Reception, except in the case when such damage has occurred due to force majeure. However, with regard to cash and valuables, if the Guest does not declare the type of item and price in advance, the Hotel shall limit its compensation for damages to 100,000 yen unless the damages are attributable to the Hotel's intentional actions or gross negligence.
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for loss, breakage, or other damage to the goods, cash, or valuables brought onto Hotel premises by the Guest and not deposited at the reception or Thalasso Reception in the case such damage is caused intentionally or by gross negligence on the part of the Hotel. However, regarding those articles for which the nature and value were not stated in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest only to a maximum of 100,000 yen.
- When the baggage of the Guest is delivered to the Hotel before his/her arrival, the Hotel shall be responsible for its safekeeping only in the case when such a request has been made by the Guest in advance and accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the reception at the time of his/her check-in.
- In the event that the Guest's baggage or personal belongings are left behind at the Hotel after the Guest has checked out, the Hotel shall, in principle, wait for the owner to contact the Hotel to inquire and provide instructions. However, if there is no inquiry or instruction from the owner, or if the owner cannot be determined, it shall be stored for seven (7) days including the date of discovery, and then delivered to the nearest police station.
- The Hotel's liability in regard to storage of the Guest's baggage and belongings in the case of the two preceding paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 1 of Article 15 in the case of paragraph 1, and with the provisions of paragraph 2 of Article 15 in the case of paragraph 2.
- The Hotel shall not be liable for the care of the Guest's vehicle when the Guest utilizes the parking lot provided by the Hotel, as it shall be regarded that the Hotel simply offers space for parking regardless of whether the vehicle's key has been deposited with the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for damage caused intentionally or by gross negligence on the part of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot.
- The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for any damage caused intentionally or by negligence on the part of the Guest.
Calculation Method for Accommodation Charges (Ref. paragraph 1 of Article 2, paragraph 2 of Article 3, and paragraph 1 of Article 12)
Total amount to be
paid by the Guest
(1) Basic accommodation charge
(room charge or room charge + breakfast)
(2) Service charge ((1) X 15%)
(3) Meals and drinks (or extra meals other than breakfast) and other expenses
(4) Service charge ((3) X 15%)
(5) Consumption tax (includes local consumption tax)
- Applicable taxes are pursuant to prevailing tax laws.
- Other expenses (telephone, laundry, and other such miscellaneous charges) must be settled upon your check-out.
Cancellation Charges (Ref. paragraph 2 of Article 6)
|Date of cancellation notification|
|No show||Same day||1 day prior||3 days prior||7 days prior||20 days prior|
|Individual||1 to 14||100％||100％||50％||50％||20％||５％|
|Group||15 to 99||100％||100％||80％||50％||20％||10％|
|100 or more||100%||100％||100％||50％||20％||10％|
- The percentages indicated in the above table are the penalty rates for the total amount of the accommodation charge and consumption tax (including local consumption tax) paid by the Guest on each applicable night.
- When the number of days contracted for is reduced, a cancellation charge for the first day cancelled shall be paid by the Guest, regardless of the number of days cancelled.
- The various accommodation packages that are offered by the Hotel may be subject to cancellation charges apart from those listed in Table No.2 above.
The provisions under this Accommodation Contacts fall under the standard provisions stipulated under Article 548-2, Paragraph 1 of the Civil Code, and in the event of any changes in social conditions, economic conditions, and other circumstances deemed to be of considerable cause, the provisions shall be amended in accordance with the provisions of Article 548-4 of the Civil Code for amending standard provisions.
The foregoing amendment shall be announced on the property, published on the Internet, or by any other appropriate means and take effect after no less than one month as specified at the time of announcement.
To ensure the safety and comfort of all guests, we have established the following regulations governing the use of our facilities, in accordance with Article 10 of the Accommodation Contract. As stipulated in Article 7 of the Accommodation Contract, your failure to observe the regulations and policies herein may oblige us to refuse or revoke permission for your occupancy of a guestroom, or for your use of our other facilities. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
- Smoking is prohibited in all facilities, throughout the premises, and in all guestrooms (including the terrace) of the Hotel. Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, in the guestroom and on the terrace, and bringing cigarette butts into the room are also prohibited. Failure to comply will be subject to a penalty equivalent to the room charge and the amount of damage caused to the Hotel. For smoking, please use the smoking areas designated by the Hotel.
- Please refrain from using heating apparatuses other than Hotel rental equipment in the guestroom.
- Any act that may cause a fire is prohibited, including but not limited to the possession of explosives or inflammable liquids. Also not allowed on hotel premises are the following:
- (a) Dogs, cats, birds or other animals
- (b) Material goods of great quantity
- (c) Items with an offensive odor
- (d) Unregistered firearms or swords or other illegal objects
- Please ensure your door is locked when you leave the guestroom during your stay. Please lock the door from the inside of the guestroom when you go to bed. If you have a visitor, please check the visitor through the door scope or open the door halfway with the door chain secured.
- Please refrain from meeting visitors on Hotel premises (including guestrooms). Please use the public areas of The Busena Terrace Main Building for your meetings.
- Please use the safe in the guestroom or the safety deposit box at the reception to store cash and valuables during your stay. Please note that the Hotel will not be liable in case of theft in the guestroom.
- Personal belongings left behind after check-out will be held for a period of seven days from the day on which they were found. Thereafter, unclaimed articles will be treated in accordance with Lost Property Act of Japan.
- When signing for bills at the restaurant or other hotel facilities, please present your room key or guest booklet to the personnel on duty.
- If the room charge is not settled upon arrival, payment must be made in currency or traveler's check, accommodation ticket, credit card, etc., accepted by the Hotel.
- When using the telephone in the guestroom, there will be a 50% call surcharge added to the facility usage charge.
- Gambling, indecorous behavior and other acts likely to disturb or cause offense to other guests are prohibited.
- Please do not rearrange or move furniture and fixtures from their set position.
- Slippers and loungewear provided for your comfort within your guestroom may not be worn elsewhere in the hotel.
- Please refrain from distributing advertising materials, displaying or selling goods, soliciting business, distributing leaflets, petitioning, or hosting meetings, etc., without permission on Hotel premises.
- Unaccompanied minors may not stay at the hotel without the written consent of their legal guardian.
- Please settle your accounts when asked to do so by the reception, even if prior to check-out. A 15% service charge will be added to your bills. Tips are not accepted. All outstanding charges must be settled upon departure at the reception.
- Only guests staying at The Terrace Club at Busena or the cottages at The Busena Terrace may use our facilities. There is a minimum age requirement of 13 to use the restaurant and the other facilities.
- Tattoos of any kind, even fashion tatoos or one point tatoos, must be entirely concealed when using the lobby, restaurants, and other public spaces of the hotel. When using the pool, please wear a rash guard or other swimwear as necessary to cover your tattoo(s).
- Please refrain from bringing floats or using them in the outdoor pool.
- Please refrain from using cellular phones within the restaurant and bar.
- Please refrain from bringing electronic devices, such as mobile phones and cameras, into the Wellness Thalasso.
- Unauthorized use, duplication, reprinting, or modification of printed materials issued by the Hotel and contents such as documents, photographs, illustrations, and designs on the official website (including social media) are prohibited. Also, please be aware that exposing photographs taken inside the Hotel for business purposes without permission may be subject to legal action.
- From the viewpoint of ensuring the safety of guests and protecting privacy, the use and flying of, as well as shooting from small unmanned aerial vehicles (drones, radio-controlled vehicles, etc.) under individual operation on Hotel premises are not permitted without the Hotel’s permission.
- The additional charges for the use of guestrooms after booking hours based on Article 9, Paragraph 2 of the Accommodation Contract are as follows.
- (a) 9,000 yen until 12:00 p.m.
- (b) 3,000 yen per hour between 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- (c) One day's accommodation fee as set by the Hotel after 3:00 p.m.